The family-run medium-sized shipping company HS Schiffahrt can look back with pride to a long maritime tradition.
The name “Schepers” itself in “Low German” already means skipper and suggests the close ties of the Schepers family with merchant shipping. The basis for the shipping company, which is now running in its fifth generation, was laid by Captain Heinrich Schepers in 1885 with the acquisition of the tjalk “MARIA”.
Today’s “helmsmen” Dipl.-Ing. Bernhard Johannes Schepers and Dipl.-Kfm. Heinz Josef Schepers continue this family tradition with HS Schiffahrt. With a modern fleet of 32 merchant vessels and 300 employees ashore and on board, the brothers have today established HS Schiffahrt in the industry as a successful and innovative player.